Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Breadmaker Cinnamon Raisin Bread

This is seriously the most delicious cinnamon raisin bread I have ever eaten.  This is a current pregnancy favorite and I'm easily going through a loaf a week right now.  I especially enjoy it toasted.



Ingredients
1 cup tepid water
2 tablespoons of room temperature butter (margarine works fine too)
3 tablespoons brown sugar (do not use white sugar.. the taste is not the same)1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons of yeast
1 cup of raisins

Process
1. Add all ingredients into bread maker pan in the order shown other than raisins.
2. Place pan in bread maker.  Use the sweet bread setting for a 1.5 lb loaf.  I always have the crust be light, but feel free to do any darkness you prefer.
3. While bread is going through first mixing cycle, put raisins in a bowl and cover with water.  Soak 15-20 minutes.  Add raisins to the bread maker no later than the first beeping cycle (with my maker it is 30 minutes in to mixing).  Soaking the raisins makes them much softer when you eat them!
4. (OPTIONAL) remove mixing blade at the appropriate beep
5. Once bread is finished, take out of maker and put on a cooling rack.  I know you *technically* aren't supposed to cut into bread right away, but I always cut off the end piece immediately and butter it.  It's my favorite part!

No comments:

Post a Comment