Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Barbecue Meatloaf Recipe

This recipe is a definite favorite in our house.  I got the idea from my mom who used to make meatloaf with barbecue sauce in it, but I have (just like with many other things) tweaked it since.


Ingredients
1.5-2 lbs ground beef or venison
3/4 cup of barbecue sauce (or up to 1 cup if you prefer it to be more barbecue-y)
1 egg
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs


Process

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. While oven is preheating, put all ingredients in a bowl and mush together with your hands (this is the best part!)

3. Line a bread pan with aluminum foil (makes for a MUCH easier cleanup).

4. Put meat concoction into pan.

5. Once oven is preheated, bake for about 30 minutes.  I generally start checking in 5 minute intervals starting at 25 minutes to see when it's done, but 30 is usually my magic number.


This goes very well with mashed potatoes (I even like to mix my meatloaf with the potatoes and top with a bit of ranch. YUM!)  This yields 4-5 servings.


No comments:

Post a Comment